Do you want to visit Australia, meet your family, friends, or relatives, or want to experience the scenic beauty and Adventures? Well, an Australian visitor visa (Subclass 600) is the exact thing you need to apply which can help you reach Australia without any hassles. It is also known as an Australian tourist visa. To get a tourist visa for Australia, one must have the intention to visit Australia only, and secondly one should have enough money to support their stay while in Australia. The visitor should have no intention to work there.
Australian Visitor visa is offered under multiple streams:
Tourist Stream (apply in Australia)
- You can either apply or extend your tourist visa by applying for a visa through this stream. You can stay in Australia as a tourist and meet your family. You cannot do business or undertake health treatment. You can stay for up to 12 months.
Tourist Stream (apply outside Australia)
- Under this stream, you can visit Australia as a tourist. You are not eligible for work. You can stay for up to 12 months.
Sponsored family stream
- Under this stream, you can meet your family members and spend quality time with them. You can stay for up to 12 months.
Business visitor stream
- Under this stream, you can visit Australia for business reasons. You can stay for up to 3 months.
TOURIST VISA (SUBCLASS 600) ELIGIBILITY-
You must only intend to:
- stay temporarily in Australia
- obey any condition and stay period attached to your visa
- Meet the basic health requirements of the country to sustain its standards.
- Meet the character requirements which simply mean that, you must pass the character test and remain of good character. The character requirements are set out under section 501 of the Migration Act of 1958.
- Have enough money. You must have enough money to support yourself while you are in Australia.
- Best interests of the child. The Australian government might not grant a visa if it is not in the best interests of an applicant under 18.
APPLICATION PROCESS FOR AUSTRALIAN VISITOR VISA
There are three basic to apply for an Australian tourist visa andcome to Australia.
- STEP 1- Gather all the documents including the
- Passport (Please note that the passport should have the validity of at least six months prior lodging the application)
- national identity documents (driver’s license or any other documents),
- letter from the sponsor (stating as to why do you want to visit Australia)
- financial documents (bank statements and a copy of funds to show that you are financially stable to support yourself when you visit Australia)
- if over 18, and if the applicant is either studying or working, a letter of absence and
- any other supporting documents.
- STEP 2- Apply
for your Australian visitor visa by
- uploading all the necessary documents
- submit your application.
- Organize visa health exam/ biometrics if necessary.
- STEP 3- You are all set, now you can come and visit Australia upon your grant.
VISITOR VISA PROCESSING TIME
The Australian visitor visa processing time is:
- 75% of applications: 3 months
- 90% of applications: 4 months
- The processing time of a Fastrack visitor visa is usually 2 business days.
VISITOR VISA APPLICATION FEE
Following is the table showing the Australian tourist visa cost.
|Stream||Cost in AUD|
|Tourist Stream (apply outside Australia)||365|
|Tourist Stream (apply outside Australia)||145|
|Sponsored family stream||145|
|Business visitor stream||145|
AUSTRALIAN VISITOR VISA CONDITIONS
Visa Condition 8101 – No Work
- You must not work in Australia on this visa.
Visa Condition 8201 – Maximum 3 months study
- While in Australia, you must not engage, for more than 3 months, in any studies or training.
Visa Condition 8501 – Maintain adequate health insurance
- You must have and you must maintain adequate health insurance for the whole of your stay in Australia.
Visa Condition 8503 – No further stay
- A visitor must not remain in Australia after the end of the period of stay permitted by the visa.
Visa Condition 8531 – Must leave before visa expiry
- Must leave before visa expiry: The holder must not remain in Australia after the end of the period of stay permitted by the visa.
Visa Condition 8558 – Non Resident
- A non-resident cannot stay for more than 12 months.
HOW CAN WE HELP-
- BANSAL Immigration Consultants offer much-needed assistance as to how to convince them about your true intention to return to your home country and the purpose of your visit.
- We do everything to present you as a genuine applicant so that you can be trusted that you will adhere to all the rules while in Australia.
- We also make sure that your interview round goes well which is yet another successful step to get a visa for the same.