Course Change in Australia
"Can I change my course in Australia?" well the answer is certainly yes, but let us tell
you, you are not the only one. There comes a time in our lives where we all become skeptical about one thing
or the other. Having second thoughts about your studies or being unhappy at your university which you chose
with so many expectations is pretty normal. You might be considering changing or leaving your course. This
guide will help you, understand the options that are available for you. BANSAL Immigration Consultants
offers the much-needed assistance as to how to convince the authorities about your true intention to change
course in Australia
Why are you considering changing or leaving your course?
Before deciding upon anything, you should always try to identify the problem and try to solve it. Following
are some issues faced by the students:
- Individual modules
- The course
- The university
- The academic challenges of studying at the university level
- Personal/family reasons
Your next step should be to take advice and clarify the different paths open to you. Following this, you can
weigh up the pros and cons and choose the course of action that you think will suit
Who can help you change or leave your course in Australia?
Usually, the authorities around you can help you with any doubt you have. You can consider meeting the
How to change course in Australia?
- Your course tutor or department office should be your first port of call and they would be advising you
on the following:
- how you could adapt or tailor your course to suit your interests, strengths, or career plans
- how to access help with study skills
- how to transfer to another course
- Your careers service can give you advice on your career options and the potential impact of changing or
leaving your course.
- Speak to student services at your university to find out how your entitlement to funding will be
affected by your plans.
We wonder that can international students change courses in Australia. The process of the course
change/transfer is a comprehensive one, have a look below:
- In case you make up your mind to change of course in Australia but you have not completed six months of
your principal course, then under ESOS National Code, such circumstances are explained. Unless special
conditions apply, you need to have permission from your existing institution to transfer to another
institution. The institution must assess or consider your request to transfer. All the educational
institutions in Australia have documented procedures for their transfer policy. Make sure you understand
your education provider’s transfer policy and what your written agreement says before you attempt to
enroll with a
new a new institution.
- In case, your institution does not give you permission to transfer to another course/institution in
Australia and you are not satisfied with the outcome, you should first use your education provider’s
internal appeal process. If you are not satisfied still, you can then appeal against the institution’s
decision at external complaints handling body such as the State or Territory Ombudsman or the Overseas
Student Ombudsman. Remember, if you change your institution or course at any time you must contact the
Department of Home Affairs, Australia, and provide an electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE)
certificate from your new institution.
- Once your transfer application is granted, you must check your student visa requirements and ensure you
follow the correct procedures to maintain your visa. It is very vital that you do not assume that the
advice you get from friends, fellow students, or education agents is correct. Make sure to keep a copy
of any course cancellation and enrolment paperwork.
You also need to consider visiting the Department of Home Affairs, Australia as there will be changes in your
visa. In order to remain updated and abiding by the law, do visit the department or contact immigration
consultancies like BANSAL Immigration Consultants.
How can we help -
- BANSAL Immigration consultants offer the much-needed assistance as to how to
convince them about your true intention to study in
- We do everything to present you as a genuine applicant so that you can be trusted that you will adhere to all
the rules while in Australia.
- We also make sure that your interview round goes well which is yet another successful step to get a visa for