Temporary Work Short Stay Specialist Visa
This visa permits you: –
My Eligibility Criteria: –
- To work in a highly specialized job
- The work or activity must be non-ongoing
Stay Time: – This is a temporary visa.
- You must have highly specialised skills, knowledge or experience that can help Australian business and
can’t reasonably be found in Australia
- Only do the work or activities for which your visa was granted.
- Bring family members with you, but they are not allowed to work or study in Australia, except to do a
language training program
- Employers must provide a contract or letter of offer.
- Applicant must meet the Health and Character needs. Family members, applying for the visa must qualify
health and character requirements of Australian Government.
- Family members included in your application are not allowed to work or study in Australia. Applicant
must be able to show that you and your family have enough means to support yourselves while in
- Obligations: – It is necessary that you and your family abide by all laws of Australian Government.
- Health insurance is recommended so as to cover any medical treatment you might need in Australia.
Insurance can help limit applicant’s financial liability.
- Some countries have a reciprocal healthcare agreement with Australia.
- You can be granted 6 months of stay (depending on the circumstances).
- Usually, for a stay period of more than 3 months, a strong business case must be provided with the
- Applicant can’t apply for this visa in Australia or stay longer by extending this visa.
- You must arrive in Australia within 6 months of the date the visa is granted, or a lesser period
specified by the Minister.
- AUD310 (except in limited circumstances)
- For the main applicant: the visa costs AUD310
- Other costs might include are those of health checks, police certificates, and biometrics.
- Additional charges are there for other family applicants applying.
Applicant can be inside or outside Australia at the time of applying and deciding on application.
- 75% of applications: 15 days
- 90% of applications: 44 days
Applications might take a longer time to process
- If not filled correctly.
- All documents are not provided.
- It takes time by us for verification of your information
Also, application can’t be processed if correct visa application charges are not paid.
The visa is granted with either:
- Single entry (if you leave Australia, you can’t re-enter Australia on the visa) or
- Multiple entry–(you can leave and re-enter Australia as many times as you want while the visa is valid)
The time you spend outside Australia does not extend the visa
We will digitally link your visa to your passport. You will not get a label in your passport.
Temporary Work Visa (Short Specialist Visa) Subclass 400 Conditions
8101- No Work
You must not work in Australia.
This means when in Australia, you must not do work that a person would normally get paid for
8107- Work Limitation
The visa you hold was granted to either allow you to be employed by a particular employer, or to undertake
specific activities in Australia.
You must not stop working for your employer. You must not work in a different position, occupation or with
another employer or for yourself.
You must not stop doing the activity the visa was granted for.
You must not do other activities or do the activity for yourself or anyone else.
You must hold a license, registration or membership if it is mandatory to perform the occupation for which
you were nominated.
8303- Not be Disruptive
You must not become involved in activities disruptive to, or violence threatening harm to, the Australian
community or a group within the Australian community.
8503- No further stay
While you are in Australia, you are unable to make a valid visa application for any new substantive visa
other than a protection visa.