Student Extension Visa
Applying for a new student visa to finish your studies or do further studies Student visa extension is a misnomer, as Australian visas are usually not extended. You have to apply for and be granted a new visa to extend your stay in Australia and complete your studies. However, still, the term Student visa extension is widely used in the Migration industry. It is very common for students in Australia to extend their student visas to finish their studies. There can be various reasons for not completing studies with the provided visa:
- Unexpected overseas trips
- Course change
- Unexpected life events
- Depression or loneliness
- Unexpected financial problems among others
BANSAL Immigration, we represent most of Australian Universities and colleges. We can guide you to choose the best course from the suitable education provider.
There is no need for you to worry about the student visa. Especially, if you are extending it for the first time. The requirements to extend a student visa will be similar to the requirements as you have applied for the first time.
STUDENT VISA ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- The applicant must be at least 6 years old to apply for this visa.
- You must enrol in a full-time registered course at the time of application. You must supply
Confirmation of enrolment (CoE) with the student visa application. Otherwise, your student visa application will not be valid.
- The student must provide all CoE details at the time of application.
- The gap between the two package courses should not exceed 2 months. The only exception is if it is the end of the current year and the next course starts next year.
- If you are a minor (under 18 years old), then you must have adequate welfare arrangements in
place. You can contact Bansal Immigration for more information about the welfare arrangements.
- You must have enough English language knowledge. Department may ask you to provide evidence. It will depend upon the country of passport and education provider. if the department asks, then the student can provide the following test results. Minimum English scores are
|English language test
|Minimum score||Minimum score and at least 10
weeks English Language Intensive Courses for Overseas Students (ELICOS)
|Minimum score and at least 20
English Language Testing System (IELTS)
English: Advanced (Certificate in Advanced English)
of English Academic (PTE Academic)
|B for each test component||N/A||N/A|
*test must be less than 2 years old.
- You may be exempt from the English test if any of the following applies:
- if you are a passport holder of any English speaking country such as the UK, USA, Canada, NZ, or the Republic of Ireland.
- You are Foreign Affairs or Defence sponsored or exchange student.
- Only studying English or ELICOS in Australia.
- You have studied for 5 years in any English speaking country. English-speaking countries are the UK, USA, Canada, NZ, or the Republic of Ireland.
- If you have completed your Year 12 or a substantial part of Certificate IV or higher in Australia. Substantial has not been defined in legislation. It is generally accepted that a 50% completed course will meet the requirement.
- Overseas student health cover (OSHC). You and your family members, who are in Australia, must have health insurance. Health insurance should be OSHC by the approved provider. It should cover your whole visa. You must provide health insurance details with the visa application. The case officer can refuse your application if you do not provide OSHC details.
- You must meet the financial capacity criteria. You must have enough money to cover your studies and the cost of living. Department tells about the benchmark of the cost of living. We should use this amount while calculating financial requirements. Department provides this amount every year.
- Genuine temporary entrant criteria
- Health requirement
- Character requirements
Processing time is based on which sector you’re applying for and it can take between:
- 29 days for 75% of applications and 42 days for 90% of applications in the Higher
- 43 days for 75% of applications and 77 days for 90% of applications for Vocational Education
and Training Sector
AUSTRALIAN STUDENT VISA FEES
|TU500 Student ELICOS
BENEFITS OF THE VISA
- This visa is for people to come and study in Australia. With this visa, they can come and study their desired course. A student visa will enable to you study your proposed course. You can also travel in and out of Australia. You can work for up to 40 hours during your studies.
- The length of the student visa depends upon the course. It is a temporary visa and can be granted for up to 5 years. Young children enrolled in Year 1- 4 can be granted only a 2-year visa. If your study is longer and then you must apply for a student visa extension. It is a substantive visa and you can apply for any other visa during you held the student visa.
- With a student visa, you can include your partner and children as well. They can be included
at the time of application or after the grant of a student visa. Children can only include if they are under 18. The student should inform the department of their spouse and children at the earliest. If they are not disclosed earlier, then the department can refuse their application later.
- BANSAL Immigration, we represent most Australian Universities and colleges. We can guide you to choose the best course from a suitable education provider. We will make the admission process simple and do all the hard work for you.
- We can also arrange the OSHC cover for you as well. We can provide a competitive price. We make sure that you get the most coverage. OSHC should cover public hospitals, GPs, and medical costs. Bansal Immigration represents the major OSHC providers, BUPA, Allianz,
ahm, nib, and Medibank.
- Meeting student visa financial requirements. Most student visa holders rely on bank loans to fund their studies. But, obtaining a loan could be a tedious process. At Bansal immigration, we can simplify the process for you.