Partner Provisional Visa
This Partner Visa permits the de facto Partner or Spouse of an Australian citizen, Permanent Resident of
Australia or an eligible citizen of New Zealand to dwell in Australia Temporarily. But, obtaining this visa
initiates the process of proceeding towards the Permanent Partner visa (Subclass 100).
Eligibility Criteria: –
This visa permits you: –
- You must be in a genuine relationship with your spouse or de facto partner who is a citizen of
Australia, permanent resident of Australia or an eligible citizen of New Zealand.
- You need to be outside Australia at the time of applying for this visa and also at the time of grant of
- You and your family members must meet all visa conditions and obey Australian laws.
Duration of Stay: –
- Dwell and do job in Australia until decided upon Permanent Partner (Migrant) Visa(Subclass 100) or the
application is withdrawn.
- Entitled to enroll in study course (Without Government Aid)
- Enroll for Medicare(Australia’s public healthcare scheme)
- Enroll in free English Language classes up to 510 hours given by the Adult Migrant English Program.
- To travel and from Australia as persistently as you wish.
Family members: –
- Applicants can stay until decided upon Permanent Partner(Migrant) Visa(100) application or the
application is withdrawn
- Usually Stay is from 15 to 24 months.
- In some situations, including where you have been in a long term relationship before you apply, you
might not stay on the 309 visa at all. You might be granted the permanent visa immediately after grant
of the temporary 309 visa.
Members of the family unit can also be included in your application. You can:
Include them when you lodge your visa application
Add a dependent child after you lodge your application but before deciding on applicant’s temporary visa.
Family members who apply with you must:
- Meet health and character requirements of Australian Government
- Be outside Australia
Family members can also be added after granting of the visa.
For the main applicant: AUD7,715
This fee covers both:
- This temporary visa
- The permanent Partner (Migrant) visa (subclass 100)
Place to Apply from: –
Applicant must be outside Australia
- When applying for this visa.
- When deciding applicant’s temporary visa application.
Processing times: –
- 75% of applications: 17 months
- 90% of applications: 25 months
Application, however, might take a longer time to process if not filled correctly.
- All documents are not provided.
- It takes time by us for verification of your information
- Application cannot be processed if correct visa application charges are not paid. If that is the case,
you will be notified.
Travel: – Applicant can travel inside or outside from Australia as many times as one wishes for.
Note: -Being the visa holder, first entry to Australia must be make before the date mentioned in your visa
The first entry date is generally set at 12 months from the date of visa grant.
Visa label: – Your visa will be digitally linked to your passport so you will not get label in your passport.
Conditions for Partner (Provisional) (Subclass 309) visa: –
- 8502- Applicant must not enter Australia before the person specified in the visa (Main visa holder or
applicant’s sponsor in the case of partner visa) has entered Australia.
- 8515- Applicant must not marry or enter in a de facto relationship before entering Australia, otherwise
visa might get cancelled.