Partner Permanent Visa
This visa allows the spouse or de facto partner of a citizen of Australia, Australian Permanent Resident, or an
eligible New Zealand citizen to immigrate permanently to Australia.
This visa permits you: –
Duration of Stay: –
- Stay permanently in Australia.
- Study or work in Australia.
- Entitled to enrol for Medicare (Australia’s public healthcare scheme).
- Sponsor your family acquaintances to come to Australia.
- Apply for citizenship of Australia after 4 years (if eligible).
- Attend free English language classes given by The Adult Migrant English Program (if eligible).
As it is a permanent visa, you can stay for an indefinite time.
Your permanent residence starts on the day of the grant of the visa for citizenship.
Family: – Applicant can include his/her dependent child while applying for combined visas.
My Eligibility Criteria: –
- If you hadn’t included your dependent child in your temporary visa application, you can add them still
in your application before deciding on your permanent visa application.
- The child must:-
- Be onshore.
- Hold a dependent child visa(subclass 445)
- Applicant must hold a (subclass 820) (temporary) Partner visa.
- You must continue to be in a relationship with your spouse or de facto partner unless your relationship
has broken off under special situations.
- You must be married legally to an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand
- Applicants need to have been in a de facto relationship(if not married) for a minimum of 12 months
before lodging the application unless you have registered your relationship or there are circumstances
enough to wave the 12-month requirement.
- No matter what kind of relationship (either married or de facto) you must clarify: –
- Your relationship is real and enduring.
- Your relationship is mutually beneficial.
- You live together, or you don’t live separately.
- Abide by all Australian laws while on your temporary visa.
- May be you need to provide extra documentation for processing of this visa, after 2 years of submitting
your temporary partner visa.
- Have paid Outstanding debt (if any) to the Australian Government: –
If the applicant or any family member of the applicant owes any debt to the Australian Government,
it must be paid back
Obligations: – It is necessary that you and your family abide by all laws of the Australian Government.
Paid at the time of combined application for the temporary and permanent partner visa.
||Additional Applicant Fee (Child)
||Subclass 820/801 visa
Applying Process: – Both visas are applied at once and you have to pay one application charge only.
801 Onshore Partner visa (Phases)
Phase 1: – First step comprises
- Lodge a combined subclass 820/801 visa application by paying a single lodgment fee.
- At first, you will be evaluated for the subclass 820 visa.
- If visa grant requirements are fulfilled, then you will be granted a temporary visa (which permits you
to reside in Australia) while your subclass 801 Application is under process.
Phase 2: – 2 years after lodgment of Subclass 820/801 visa you will need to clarify that you still meet
partner visa grant requirements.
Bridging visa: – While your 820 visa is under process, you will be granted a bridging visa.
You will be permitted to enrol in Course of study and in Medicare.
Steps Involved (in Applying): – The application form is lodged online
Step 1. Before Applying: – just check.
Step 2. Gather all Evidence: –
- Your Passport.
- On immediate grant of 801 visas after 820 visas (temporary) you need not do anything else, Otherwise,
provide more documents.
Step3. Visa Application: –
- You and Your Australian partner will need to provide as required with evidence given below: –
- Identity Documents (Passport and Birth Certificate)
- Character documents
- Certified Registration proof of marriage or relationship (if applicable)
- At least 2 forms 888’s (Statutory Declaration) given by witnesses attesting that your relationship is
- Each of you should provide a written statement or statutory declaration covering the history and
development of your relationship)
- After 2 years of lodging subclass 820/801 visa application, supply relevant documents to immigration
- You don’t need to wait for the 2-year period instead send the documents 1 month before the time of 2
- Documents include: –
- Updated documents related to the previous ones.
- Police clearances
- Relationship evidence from the period of lodgment of combined subclass 820/801 visa application to date.
Visa is applied online, by providing correct and relevant information.
Step 4. After Applying: –
We will inform you after receiving your application and documents.
Step5. The outcome of Visa: – While deciding on your Permanent Partner Visa, you can be onshore or offshore.
Processing Time: –
- During granting of your visa, we will inform you about your visa grant number, the date of start of your
visa and its conditions.
- In case of refusal of our visa, we will let you know the reason for refusal and if you have a right to a
review of the decision.
- The application fee is non- refundable.
801 visa – between 22 and 26 months.
The processing of applications will also depend on individual circumstances.
Granting of 801 Visa: –
You will need to be present in Australia for the visa to be granted
Visa Label: – Your visa will be digitally linked to your passport
Visa if Not Granted: –
You may appeal to the Administrative Appeals Tribunal (AAT) for a review of the decision.
- AAT can either agree with the immigration or can set apart the original decision.
- There are strict deadlines to lodge an appeal, so act on time.
Conditions for Partner Visa (Permanent) (Subclass 801)
There are no conditions attached to partner visa (Subclass 801)