New CoE

Your CoE is an official document issued by the university; it is not your acceptance letter from your education provider is your CoE. The CoE will typically be sent to you via email by your program manager approximately 4 weeks before your departure. Also, you would require a visa from the Department of Home Affairs for the length of your entire program.

You do not need to apply for a new COE if you are: (We will automatically process and send you a new COE to your UNSW email account).

You will need to apply for a new CoE if you are:

Your present CoE might get expired after a certain period. You need to apply for a new one if:

  • you are extending your program duration and applying for a visa extension
  • you are returning to studies from Program Leave or suspension

Any University in Australia will extend a student visa holder’s program and CoE if:

  • they have assessed that there are ‘compassionate or compelling circumstances  and there is proof to support this assessment
  • an interference strategy has been implemented, or is in the process of being implemented, for the overseas student who is at risk of not meeting course progress requirements, or
  • an approved deferment or suspension of the overseas student’s enrolment has occurred

You do not need to apply for a new COE if you are: (We will automatically process and send you a new COE to your UNSW email account)

  • transferring to another program within UNSW e.g. Bachelor of Arts to Bachelor of Commerce (no application needed)
  • received credit transfer that has shortened the length of your program (no application needed)

To get a new CoE, you will need to follow these simple steps:

  1. Fill the online Endorsement for a change of course duration and CoE form. You should submit this once only. Submitting
    the form more than once will delay your application.

Note: You may need to see a Faculty Enrolment Officer/Course Adviser have this form completed and approved. Your Faculty will contact you after you submit the form and if they need to see you.

  • Your application for a new CoE will take up to 10 working days to process. Also, it is recommended that you should submit your online application at least 10 working days before
    you need your new CoE.
  • If you need a new CoE to extend your student visa, you will need to extend your OSHC to cover the duration of your new visa.
  • Once the Faculty has processed your application and endorsed a new CoE, the new CoE will be mailed to you at the email address provided in your application.


  • BANSAL Immigration consultants offer much-needed assistance as to how to convince them about your true intention to study in Australia.
  • We do everything to present you as a genuine applicant so that you can be trusted that you will adhere to all the rules while in Australia.
  • We also make sure that your interview round goes well which is yet another successful step to get a visa extension for the same.