Contributory Aged Parent Temporar Visa

This is a temporary visa that allows the aged parent of an Australian citizen (settled)*, a permanent resident of Australia or a New Zealand (eligible) citizen to stay temporary in Australia.

We at BANSAL Immigration consultants offer much-needed help so as to convince the Australian Immigration authorities about your actual intention to stay and work in Australia.

” Settled” means a person who must have been living in Australia for usually 2 years (for a reasonable period).

This visa is a replica of the Contributory Parent (Temporary) (Subclass 173) visa.

This Visa allows you:-

Apply for a Contributory Aged Parent (Temporary)(Subclass 864) visa.

Be Eligible to Apply for Subclass 884 Visa.

In case your child is not a sponsor (eligible), other persons by whom you can be sponsored are:

In case your child is not a sponsor (eligible), other persons by whom you can be sponsored are:

The condition of financial stability is a must for the organization.

This test shows that Applicant must have at least half of their children living there in Australia on a permanent visa


More of their children live on Permanent residence in Australia than in any other country.

Have paid Outstanding debt (if any) to the Australian Government: –If the applicant or any family member of the applicant owes any debt to the Australian Government, it must be paid back or at least have formal arrangements to pay it back.

Not be eligible: –

Steps Involved: –

Step 1. Before Applying: – check. Step 2. Gather all Evidence: –

You need to provide all necessary documents, including those of dependents or partners who might be applied with you, for further proceedings. Arrange documents of your sponsor, too.

Step3. Visa Application: – Step 4. After Applying: –

Step5. The outcome of Visa: – You need to be onshore (except in immigration clearance) at the time of decision on your application.

On obtaining the visa (In Australia): – You must

Applicant can travel offshore as many times as he/she wants for 2 years during the validity of the visa.

Bridging visas

If you are onshore as the holder of a valid visa (that is visitor visa) and you apply for a contributing parent (subclass 884/864) visa, you can be granted bridging visa “A” (BVA). This BVA entitles you to remain lawfully in Australia while Applicant’s visa application is under process.

Applicant’s BVA may cease depending upon if applicant travel outside Australia, so you then may have no right of re-entry into Australia.

So if in need to travel outside Australia, while your visa is under process, you need to first obtain Bridging visa “B” (BVB), which allows limited travel during the processing of your application in Australia.

Stay Longer: – Family: – Processing Time: –


Subclass 884 (Temporary)

Installement FEES
Initial Australian Government fees $3,945
Additional Applicant $1,975
Before Granting of visa, the second instalment $29,130 (is to be paid)

2nd instalment is called for after each applicant has cleared health and character tests.

Contributory Parent Visa $4,500

Main Applicant– at the time of application 1st Installment $3,945
Dependent (Spouse)– at the time of application 1st Installment $1,975
Main Applicant– at the time of decision 2nd Installment $29,130
Dependent (Spouse)– at the time of decision 2nd Installment $29,130
Before Leaving Australia: –

Conditions for Contributory Aged Parent (Temporary) (Subclass 884) Visa

There are no conditions attached to Contributory Aged Parent (Temporary) (Subclass 884) Visa

How can we assist you?