This is a temporary visa that allows the aged parent of an Australian citizen (settled)*, a permanent resident of Australia or a New Zealand (eligible) citizen to stay temporary in Australia.
We at BANSAL Immigration consultants offer much-needed help so as to convince the Australian Immigration authorities about your actual intention to stay and work in Australia.
*” Settled” means a person who must have been living in Australia for usually 2 years (for a reasonable period).
- This visa is a replica of the Contributory Parent (Temporary) (Subclass 173) visa.
This Visa allows you:-
- To live for up to 2 years in Australia.
- To become eligible to apply for a Contributory Aged Parent(Permanent) (Subclass 864) visa.
- TRAVEL: – Applicant can travel to and from Australia for 2 years.
Apply for a Contributory Aged Parent (Temporary)(Subclass 864) visa.
- It is a 2-step process.
- The first step involves applying for a Contributory Aged Parent (Temporary)(Subclass 884) visa.
- The second step is to apply for 864 visas allows applicants to spread the cost of the visas over several years.
Be Eligible to Apply for Subclass 884 Visa.
- You need to be sponsored by an eligible person, usually a child of the applicant.
- Sponsor: – You need to be sponsored by an eligible sponsor (child above 18 years of age). If your child is under 18, an eligible relative or community organization can also sponsor you.
- Role of the Sponsor: – Being a Sponsor, you must help your family members to help stay or settle in Australia. You need to provide them with financial and moral support along with sufficient space to live (for the first two years).
In case your child is not a sponsor (eligible), other persons by whom you can be sponsored are:
- Your child’s partner
- A family member or guardian of your child’s partner.
- A family member or guardian of your child.
- A community organization.
Community organizations are also allowed to sponsor your application by the Government to give that:
- There must be a relationship between the organization and your child.
- The senior agent of the organization must approve to sponsor you.
- The legal stabilization of organizations is a must in Australia.
- A minimum of one year running the organization is necessary for Australia.
The condition of financial stability is a must for the organization.
- Applicant must meet the health and character requirements.
- While applying for this visa, you must not have a Sponsored Parent (Temporary)(Subclass 870) visa.
- You need to be old enough to receive the Australian aged pension.
- Applicant must be onshore while applying and deciding for this visa, but that too is not in immigration clearance.
- Any family members applying for the visa must also be in Australia while applying, but not in immigration clearance.
- The applicant must fulfil The Balance-of-family test.
- The Balance-of-Family Test: –
This test shows that Applicant must have at least half of their children living there in Australia on a permanent visa
More of their children live on Permanent residence in Australia than in any other country.
- Have paid Outstanding debt (if any) to the Australian Government: –If the applicant or any family member of the applicant owes any debt to the Australian Government, it must be paid back or at least have formal arrangements to pay it back.
Not be eligible: –
- In the case of a Previous Cancelled Visa.
- Visa is not granted if it is not in the friendly interest of an applicant under 18 years of age.
Steps Involved: –
Step 1. Before Applying: – check.
- If you are eligible.
- If you have a Parent Sponsor(approved)
- In case you do not have a Parent sponsor (approved) you can not apply or be granted this visa.
Step 2. Gather all Evidence: –
- You need to provide all necessary documents, including those of dependents or partners who might be applied with you, for further proceedings. Arrange documents of your sponsor, too.
Step3. Visa Application: –
- This visa needs to be applied on paper.
- Also, you must be onshore, but not in immigration clearance, when you apply for this visa.
Step 4. After Applying: –
- You need to send more information.
- We will inform you after receiving your application and documents.
Step5. The outcome of Visa: – You need to be onshore (except in immigration clearance) at the time of decision on your application.
- During granting of your visa, we will inform you about your visa grant number, the date of start of your visa and its conditions.
- In case of refusal of our visa, we will let you know the reason for refusal and if you have a right to a review of the decision.
- The application fee is non-refundable.
On obtaining the visa (In Australia): – You must
- Abide by all Australian laws.
- Check your visa expiry and its conditions.
- This being a temporary visa lets you stay in Australia for 2 years from the grant of visa.
- Travelling: – This visa is granted with multiple entries.
Applicant can travel offshore as many times as he/she wants for 2 years during the validity of the visa.
If you are onshore as the holder of a valid visa (that is visitor visa) and you apply for a contributing parent (subclass 884/864) visa, you can be granted bridging visa “A” (BVA). This BVA entitles you to remain lawfully in Australia while Applicant’s visa application is under process.
- Applicant’s BVA may cease depending upon if applicant travel outside Australia, so you then may have no right of re-entry into Australia.
So if in need to travel outside Australia, while your visa is under process, you need to first obtain Bridging visa “B” (BVB), which allows limited travel during the processing of your application in Australia.
- (3 months of time (standard period) is allowed for travelling during the process of your application.
- You can enjoy full work rights while the bridging visa is under effect.
Stay Longer: –
- You cannot stay any longer by either extending or reapplying for this visa.
- You can, however, apply for a different visa.
- While applying, the applicant can include members of the family too, in the application.
- Details of the Applicant’s family member will be required to fill in the application form, whether or not they are migrating with the applicant.
- Partner details will also be needed to be filled in the application form, even if they are applying with the applicant or not.
- Family members, applying for the visa must qualify health and character requirements of the Australian Government.
- Family members even if not migrating to Australia might also have to qualify health and character requirements.
- If you are applying for this visa while living in Australia on a temporary visa with no further conditions of stay, your application will be considered invalid, unless you apply for a waiver of this condition.
Processing Time: –
- Applications are subject to capping and queuing.
- No Processing time is provided for this visa as family migration visas demand is high, it might take many years for granting of this visa. Certain situations influence the testing time such as time taken by external authorities, for instance by police and health services and the government to conduct checks and provide information.
Subclass 884 (Temporary)
|Initial Australian Government fees||$3,945|
|Before Granting of visa, the second instalment||$29,130 (is to be paid)|
2nd instalment is called for after each applicant has cleared health and character tests.
Contributory Parent Visa $4,500
|TYPE OF APPLICANT||INSTALLMENT TYPE||APPLICATION FEES|
|Main Applicant– at the time of application||1st Installment||$3,945|
|Dependent (Spouse)– at the time of application||1st Installment||$1,975|
|Main Applicant– at the time of decision||2nd Installment||$29,130|
|Dependent (Spouse)– at the time of decision||2nd Installment||$29,130|
Before Leaving Australia: –
- Ensure you have a valid passport or other travel documents to leave Australia.
- Check your visa validity.
Conditions for Contributory Aged Parent (Temporary) (Subclass 884) Visa
There are no conditions attached to Contributory Aged Parent (Temporary) (Subclass 884) Visa
How can we assist you?
- We at BANSAL Immigration consultants offer the much-needed help so as to convince the Australian Immigration authorities about your actual intention to stay and work in Australia.
- We do everything possible to present you as a true candidate and that you will adhere to all rules and commitments during your stay in Australia.
- Also, we assure you that your interview round goes well, which is yet another growing step to get this visa in Australia.
****How can we assist you? Please feel free to call our number mentioned on the website.
Or Contact Us