According to the government’s announcement, TSS visa applicants must work in a nominated occupation, or related field, for at least two years. Work experience applicable at the enrollment level for subclass 457 visas will not apply to the respective TTS nomination.
The policy outlines the TSS 482 visa work experience requirements as follows:
- Work experience will be considered flexibly in terms of nominated business and industry practices
- Work experience should have been done within the last five years and will need to be calculated in the context of full-time work. Part-time work experience may be considered
- Experience gained as part of the research components of a Masters and / or PhD may be considered work experience for relevant occupations, such as the medical and research professions.
- Experience gained through medical placements and internships can be considered work experience for medical practitioners, including Resident Medical Officers (RMOs).
- The internship component of the Professional Year program may be considered work experience for relevant occupations
- Performance experience gained during the study may be considered for applicants with a performing arts profession.