The following is a detail of various regions / categories, which have been joined to fall under subclass-500. Students applying for & admitted to any of the following are valid to apply for a student-visa to Australia.
Students can move to Australia for a short-term (ELC) English language course. Referred to as ELICOS or English Language Intensive Courses for foriegn Students, the courses lead to a Certificate I, II, III or IV. Courses usually vary in time.
Vocational-Education & Training-Sector
Training Sector & Vocational Education Students enrolled in a applicant Vocational Education and Training Course (VET) by a [TAFE] institute or a private university can apply for this subclass of visa. That all-important covers student enrolled in either of the following courses:
- Certificate of I, II, III and IV (except ELICOS)
- VET-Advanced Diploma
- (VGC)Vocational Graduate Certificate
- (VGD)Vocational Graduate Diploma
Higher Education Sector refers to Students that are enrolled in a applicant full-time higher-education course at a institute/ college or university. The following courses are maintain under this type of visa:
- (Bachelor/Associate Degree) Courses at undergraduate level at a University
- (master’s degree by coursework like MBA, MS, etc.) Courses for postgraduate level at a university
- (diploma or advanced diploma like PGDBM, etc. )Post Graduate courses that offer a higher education
All-Important, these are courses that extend beyond annuly. However, they can also be of a less duration.
Post Graduate Research-Sector
This part refers to students enrolled for
- Master’s degree ( research)
- Medical degree(Doctors)