The Partner Visa (subclass 820 and subclass 801) allows the spouse or de-facto partner of an Australian Permanent Resident, Citizen or eligible citizen of New Zealand to live in Australia.
The Immigration Department first issues the Subclass 820 which is temporary and allows you to stay in Australia while the permanent Subclass 801 Partner Visa is processed.
The eligibility for the Partner Visa for Australia is as below:
- You have to be married or in a de-facto relationship with an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident or an eligible New Zealand citizen
- Your marriage must be valid under the Australian laws
- In the case of a de-facto relationship, you have to be in the relationship for at least a period of 12 months, as per The Australian
In case you are considering lodging a Partner Visa for Australia, here are the top tips to bear in mind:
- You may be in a genuine and committed relationship with an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or an eligible New Zealand citizen. However, the Department of Home Affairs may not see it the same way as you do.
- Ensure that you only submit absolutely relevant supporting documents with your application for Partner Visa
- Do not try to impress the of Home Affairs by providing an excess of supporting documents. Sometimes, providing excessive documents may be as detrimental as providing inadequate documents.
- Double check that you have provided all the documents as mentioned in the document checklist. Also, ensure that they are submitted in the specified and correct format. If not, your application may still be denied despite having submitted all the documents.
- The Partner Visa application will only get approved provided the Case Office assigned is immediately convinced by your case. If not, they often do not bother to ask for additional supporting documents.
- This is one of the most critical decisions of your life. Hence make sure to seek an expert, a Registered Migration Agent who is experienced in handling Partner Visas.
Looking for further assistance on skill select invitations works? Book a consultation today with our experts or drop your queries at Bansal Immigration consultant.