The Subclass 482 (Temporary Skill Shortage) Visa is an employer-sponsored temporary Visa. It allows the Visa holder to live and work in Australia. The validity of this visa usually ranges between 2 and 4 years.
What is the purpose of the Subclass 482 Visa?
This Visa is designed to fill in skill shortages in the country. This Visa allows Australian employers to hire overseas workers when they are unable to fill jobs from the local workforce.However, this Visa program is not open to all occupations. It is only available to those occupations that are facing a workforce shortage in Australia,
How does the Subclass 482 Visa work?
There are three streams under the Subclass 482 Visa:
- Short-term stream for occupations that are listed on the Short-Term Skilled Shortage List
- Medium-term stream for occupations on the Medium-term Skilled Shortage List
- Labour Agreement Stream where the sponsoring Australian employer needs to sign a labour agreement with the Dept.
You need to meet the requirements of any one of the above streams to apply for the Subclass 482 Visa.
Here are the steps to follow to apply for a Subclass 482 Visa:
- A Sponsorship Application has to be lodged by the sponsoring employer in Australia
- A Nomination Application has to be lodged by the sponsoring employer in Australia
- The Visa application has to be lodged by the applicant
What is the cost of applying a sponsorship?
The current fee for lodging a sponsorship application is $420. The processing time is between 38 and 64 days.
What is the cost of applying for a nomination?
The current fee for lodging a nomination application is $330. The processing time is between 35 and 39 days.
What is required for the Visa application?
Lodging a Visa application is the final stage of the process. To be eligible for a Visa Grant, you must demonstrate that you have the necessary qualifications and skills for the nominated position. You should also meet the English language requirement and the character and health requirements.
Can you include your family members in your Visa application?
You can include the below family members in your Visa application:
- Your spouse or common-law partner
- Your child or step-child
- The child or step-child of your spouse or common-law partner
PR pathway through the TSS Visa
You can apply for a PR after 3 years through the Subclass 186 (Employer Nomination Scheme) or the Subclass 187 (Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme). You may also be eligible for the Subclass 190 (State Sponsored) or other PR pathways.
Looking for further assistance on skill select invitations works? Book a consultation today with our experts or drop your queries at Bansal Immigration Consultant.