Applying for an Australian-student visa?
The Australian government offers all Indian students in the country the opportunity to study, but as a condition, you must first obtain a student visa. The visa you need will depend on your age, the type of study you want to study, and how long you want to stay in Australia. As an international student, you will usually need a student (subclass 500) visa, regardless of your field of study.
Student Visa (Subclass 500)
ongoing into effect from 1 Jul,2016, a student subclass-500 visa allows you to stay in Australia for the duration of your study program, which is up to 5 years. It is necessary for you to ensure that your visa remains valid and that you follow the conditions mentioned on your student’s visa. You can read about such visas in more information on the Australian Government Home Department website.
Documents required : Australian student visa
- Proof of nomination (your electronic confirmation of nomination)
- A valid-passport
- Visa application fee
- Your actual temporary admission (GTE) details
- Academic & work experience document
- Evidence of your English proficiency skills (book your place in IELTS exam)
- Proof of financial ability ( living expenses, tuition fees, expenses for dependents, return airfare)
- information of your health insurance policy (O S H C)
- statement of purpose
- – Passport size photo
If you are below 18, you will also need to give additional documents such as parental-consent.