Australia is the 12th largest economy in the world. It is also one of the fastest developing countries in the world.
You may apply for Australian Permanent Residency under the following programs:
- Skilled Independent Visa Subclass 189
- Skilled Nominated Visa Subclass 190
- Regional Sponsored Provisional Visa Subclass 489
The process time of Australian PR depends on the subclass that you have applied under.
Currently, the processing times are as below:
- Subclass 189: It takes about 6 to 8 months
- Subclass 190: The process takes about 7-8 months on average
- Subclass 489: The process takes up to a year on average
The process time may vary or be extended at any stage in the process, as per SBS.
Step-by-step process time
- Check if your occupation is present on any of the Skilled Occupation Lists of Australia
- Ensure you meet the eligibility criteria of your occupation as well as score the required number of points
- Complete a Skills Assessment Test. The assessing authority of your Skill Assessment would depend on the occupation that you nominate. Every Skill Assessing Authority has a different processing time. The outcome of your Skill Assessment Test may arrive anywhere between 1 to 6 months depending on the assessing authority.
- Submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) through Skill Select. For the Subclass 189 Visa, you would need to wait until you receive an Invitation to Apply. ITAs are issued through regular pool draws. You may receive an ITA in as less as 15 days.
- In the case of the Subclass 190 and Subclass 489, you would need to submit a nomination application to the State or Regional area. You would need to wait until your nomination is accepted by the respective state or the regional area. This may take as less as a month or longer.
- Apply for a Permanent Residency Visa. Once you have received an ITA or a nomination, you would then need to submit your application for Permanent Residency. DIBP can take several months to make a decision on your Visa application. On an average, however, it takes between 1 to 6 months to receive your Visa outcome.
You would also need to note that once you receive your ITA you get 60 days time to submit your PR visa application.
Looking for further assistance on skill select invitations works? Book a consultation today with our experts or drop your queries at Bansal Immigration Consultant.