The Australia Subclass 482 TSS Visa was introduced in March 2018 in replacement of the Subclass 457 Visa. The TSS Visa allows employers to hire overseas workers to fulfill shortage areas which cannot be filled by an Australian. It ensures priority to Australians but also targets the use of foreign workers to address skill shortages.
There are three streams under this Visa:
- The Labor Agreement stream
- The Short-Term stream
- The Medium-Term stream
To obtain the TSS Visa the worker should have been sponsored by the employer in Australia to work in the nominated occupation.
The Department of Home Affairs has stopped the priority processing of Subclass 482 Visas with immediate effect. In the past, Sponsors were able to request priority processing under the below circumstances:
- In case of change of employer nominations where the nominee already held the Subclass 457/482 Visa
- The position offered to the nominee was part of a large-scale contract or project which had tight deadlines
- The position offered to the nominee was located in a remote area
The TSS Visa applications will now be processed in the following order as per Ministerial Direction No. 77, as per The Australian:
- Applications which have been lodged by accredited sponsors
- Applications which have been lodged for positions in remote areas of Australia
- Applications which have been lodged under the Labor Agreement stream
- Every other application
Looking for further assistance on skill select invitations works? Book a consultation today with our experts or drop your queries at Bansal Immigration Services.