A new list named Priority Migration Skilled Occupation List (PMSOL) with 17 occupations is released which allows a small number of sponsored skilled workers to come to Australia and help create jobs for Australians and build the Australian community.
Acting Minister for Immigration, Citizenship, Migrant Services, and Multicultural Affairs Alan Tudge said that the current priority is to bring Australians back to work and help the front-line workers by working with skilled migrants. Mr Tudge also mentioned that these changes will bring the economy back on track by creating more jobs for Australians.
Additionally, if any of the skilled migrants were sponsored by their businesses in the below occupations, they can apply for travel exemption and they can arrive in Australia. However, they need to be in quarantine for 14 days at their own expense.
The 17 occupations (ANZSCO code) are:
- Chief Executive or Managing Director (111111)
- Construction Project Manager (133111)
- Mechanical Engineer (233512)
- General Practitioner (253111)
- Resident Medical Officer (253112)
- Psychiatrist (253411)
- Medical Practitioner nec (253999)
- Midwife (254111)
- Registered Nurse (Aged Care) (254412)
- Registered Nurse (Critical Care and Emergency) (254415)
- Registered Nurse (Medical) (254418)
- Registered Nurse (Mental Health) (254422)
- Registered Nurse (Perioperative) (254423)
- Registered Nurses nec (254499)
- Developer Programmer (261312)
- Software Engineer (261313)
- Maintenance Planner (312911)
The occupations in the PMSOL list will be regularly monitored for any change in trends for labour market needs and will be updated accordingly. Apart from PMSOL, other skilled migration occupations lists will remain active while giving priority to the above occupations.
Should you have any queries, please contact BANSAL Immigration Consultants for more details.