Subclass 117 visa popularly known as the Orphan Relative Visa Australia permits a single child to come to the island continent so that he/she can live with the relative if the parents have passed away, are unable to care for them, or cannot be found. Successful candidates will be at liberty to live in Australia permanently. They are allowed to study and access Medicare. When eligible, they may be able to apply for Australian Citizenship. The sponsor must assist the child by providing accommodation and financial assistance for the first two years when the child is in Australia.
Following are the orphan relative visa requirements:
- Sponsor– The sponsor should be an eligible Australian relative, that is the relative should be an Australian citizen, permanent resident, or eligible New Zealand citizen. Such eligible relatives include the child’s siblings, grandparents, aunt, and uncle, or the current spouse or de facto partner of the child’s relative. In addition to this, the relative must be settled in Australia as it is a vital aspect of orphan relative visa 117.
- Age –The child should be below 18 years of age.
- Have no parent who can
take care of them due to one of
the following reasons:
- Permanently incapable of caring for the child
- Can’t be found
- Consent– The sponsor must have agreed to bring the child over to Australia.
- Meet basic health requirement
- Meet basic character requirement
- Bringing the child to Australia must also be in the best interest of the child and for his/her wellbeing.
The cost of an orphan relative subclass 117 visa starts from $1,630.
The orphan relative visa processing time is presently unavailable
The process for the orphan relative visa subclass 117 is as follows:
- Step 1- Before you apply make sure the child’s passport is valid.
- Step 2- Gather all the necessary documents to provide support for the application.
- Step 3- Orphan relative visa application can be filled by taking help from our expert migration agents at BANSAL Immigration Consultants. This kind of visa is applied on paper and please note that the child must be outside Australia when the application is made.
- Step 4- After you apply, the Australian Government will inform you when they have received the application and documents.
- Step 5- Visa outcome will be informed to you by our migration agents. The child must be outside Australia when the decision to grant the visa is being taken. In case the visa is granted to you, it will include details such as grant number, the validity of the visa, and other terms and conditions.
HOW CAN WE HELP-
- BANSAL Immigration Consultants offers much-needed assistance as to how to convince them about your true intention to study in Australia.
- We do everything to present you and the child involved in the process, as a genuine applicant so that you can be trusted that you will adhere to all the rules while in Australia.
- We also make sure that your interview round goes well which is yet another successful step to get a visa for the same.