The Subclass 485 or the Temporary Graduate Visa of Australia is for international students who have completed their studies from an Australian institution. The study undertaken should have been of at least 2 years duration. The Visa allows the student to live, study, and work in Australia between eighteen months and four years.
There are two sub-categories under this Visa:
- Graduate Work Stream: This is for students who have completed a study of at least 2 years in the country. The students are also required to nominate an occupation on the skilled occupation list. The study undertaken by the international student must be closely related to the nominated occupation. The Subclass 485 Visa granted under this stream allows the student to live and work in Australia for up to 18 months.
- Post-Study Work Stream: This is for students who have completed a bachelors degree or higher in Australia. The study duration should be no less than 2 years. The Subclass 485 Visa granted under this Stream allows the student to live and work in Australia between 2 to 4 years. Applicants in this stream do not need to nominate an occupation on the skilled occupation list of Australia, as per the Dept of Home Affairs.
Study requirements for the Subclass 485 Visa
- The applicant must have completed a course in Australia of at least 2-year duration
- The applicant must have completed a recognized trade qualification, diploma or degree from an educational institute in Australia
- The course undertaken by the student should have been recognized by CRICOS
- The qualification should have been obtained in the recent 6 months prior to application
- The study course should have comprised of 92 weeks of study time over a period of 16 months
- The medium of instruction of the course should have been English
- The applicant should have held a valid Australian Student Visa during the entire duration of the course
An EOI is not required for this Visa as is the case for most GSM Visas. However, the applicant must meet the below conditions:
- Should meet the study requirements as stated above
- Should be over 18 and less than 50 years old
- Should meet the English, health, and character requirements
Including your family members in the Visa
You can include your spouse or common-law partner and dependent children on this Visa. The spouse or the common-law partner will be allowed to work in Australia.
Entitlements on this Visa
This Visa allows you and your Spouse/Partner to
- Live and work in Australia full-time
- Study in Australia
- Travel outside of Australia and back till the validity of the Visa
Looking for further assistance on skill select invitations works? Book a consultation today with our experts or drop your queries at Bansal Immigration Consultant.