You must ultimately meet all the Department of Home Affairs criteria and South Australian Government requirements for the Supporting Innovation in South Australia (SISA) – Temporary Activity (subclass 408) visa.
Applicants will be applying under a Temporary Activity (subclass 408) visa under the Australian Government Endorsed Event stream. The duration of the visa is up to three years, depending on the time of visa grant.
Please read through the South Australian Government endorsement requirements below and review the document checklist before applying.
The criteria for this visa includes:
- Have an innovative idea with a supporting business plan;
- Be under 45 years of age at time of application;
- Demonstrate at least a minimum of Vocational level English;
- Meet all health, character and financial requirements detailed by the Department of Home Affairs;
- Be endorsed by a South Australian Government entity (Department for Trade, Tourism and Investment) to take forward an innovative idea in South Australia;
- Have sufficient funds* to support yourself and any eligible dependant family members included in your application.
The Department of Home Affairs may ask you to provide evidence of funds, such as an employment contract, bank statements or a letter from your financial institution stating your financial position. Allowances, accommodation and other assistance from your employer may also be considered by the Department of Home Affairs when looking at your ability to support yourself.