The Australia Subclass 482 Visa, also referred to as the Temporary Skill Shortage (TSS) Visa, is a replacement to the earlier Subclass 457 Visa. It is essentially a Work Visa which allows employers in Australia to source overseas workers for positions which cannot be filled by an Australian.
English is the primary language of Australia. Hence, overseas workers were required to submit proof of English proficiency before they could obtain this Visa. Usually, a valid IELTS scorecard with a score of at least 5 on each module was required to be submitted. Other English tests like PTE or TOEFL are also accepted.
However, you will be exempted from the English Test if you meet any one of the following criteria, as per SBS:
- If you are citizen holding a valid passport of any of the below countries:
- New Zealand
- The United States of America
- The United Kingdom
- The Republic of Ireland
- You have completed a full-time study of 5 years in a secondary or higher education institution where the medium of instruction was English.
- You are an applicant who has received sponsorship from a business sponsor for an occupation which is to be performed at:
- The Consulate or at a Diplomatic Mission of other countries
- The Office of the Authorities of Taiwan located in Australia
- You are an applicant who needs to hold a license, membership or registration for your occupation and:
- Your license, membership or registration requires you to submit evidence of English proficiency
- You have already received the license, membership or registration
- You have been:
- Employed by an organization which is running an established business abroad
- Nominated by a sponsor of that organization or an associated entity of that organization
- Receive an annual remuneration of AUD 96,400.
Looking for further assistance on skill select invitations works? Book a consultation today with our experts or drop your queries at Bansal Immigration consultant.