Immigration SA is introducing some changes to its general skilled migration nomination policies.
All involve offering greater opportunity for nomination, with graduates of South Australia’s educational institutions particularly benefiting.
The changes include:
- Rewarding international students that have been long-term residents of South Australia
– Residing continuously in South Australia since at least March 2012
- A broadening of the high performing graduate category for South Australian graduates
– A grade point average 5.2 and above but below 6.0 (being the existing standard) will allow opportunity for a provisional visa pathway.
- Removal of the minimum bachelor’s degree requirement under the Chain Migration category
These changes will take effect immediately from today’s announcement (28 February 2019).
Please note that Immigration SA reserves the right to change its nomination requirements from time to time, whilst Commonwealth requirements may also change. These policies reflect current eligibility requirements only.