Following the advice of the Productivity Commission, the Australian Govt. has changed the points system for PR applicants.
David Coleman, Immigration Minister, announced that the point system for Subclass 491 and GSM Visas will be revised. PR applicants are awarded points on the basis of the attributes that contribute to the Australian economy. The most important purpose of the Australian Skilled Migration Program is to augment the benefits of immigration to Australia.
Here are the changes proposed for the new points system:
- 10 points will be awarded to applicants who have a skilled spouse or common-law partner
- 10 points will be awarded to applicants who do not have a spouse or common-law partner
- 5 points will be awarded to applicants whose spouse or common-law partner are able to provide evidence of competent English.
- 15 points will be awarded to applicants who are sponsored by a state or territory in Australia, as per SBS News. Applicants who are sponsored by a relative living in a regional area of Australia will also receive 15 points.
- Applicants who have specific STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) qualifications will be awarded 10 points.
Looking for further assistance on skill select invitations works? Book a consultation today with our experts or drop your queries at Bansal Immigration Consultant.